Attention !! 5 Important Changes in NEET PG 2021, Do You Know?
The National Board of Examination has issued the information brochure of NEET PG 2021 on Tuesday. According to the official notification issued on the official website of the NBE, NEET PG 2021 registration has been started with five major changes. These changes will directly affect the aspirants who are going to take the exam this year.
Earlier, the NBE opened the registration window on its website that is www.nbe.edu.in on 23 February. Students have the chance to register themselves for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation till midnight of 15 March 2021. Only those candidates can submit their application form who fulfil the NEET 2021 eligibility.
The exam is scheduled for 18 April 2021 for inviting MD MS Admission or PG diploma study programme offered by the Medical colleges of India.
5 Major Changes in NEET PG 2021
- Increased Application Fee- According to NBE notification, now aspirants have to pay more than before. NEET PG 2021 Application fee is increased from 3750 INR to 5015 INR for general candidates. Whereas, reserved category students have to pay 2750 INR to 3850 INR. students can pay the application fee by online method.
- More exam centres- The National Board of Examination has increased the number of NEET PG exam Centres. Last year the exam was organized on the 165 exam centres on 255 exam centres. Students can choose the nearest centre at the time of application. This decision was made to maintain the social distancing norm in order to break the COVID-19 chain.
- Changed NEET PG Exam pattern- The number of questions have been reduced to 200. Earlier the number of questions in the exam was 300. According to the updated exam pattern, now total marks will be 800. Students can get a good score by following the pro preparation tips.
- Changed exam timing- Now the exam will be conducted from 2 PM to 5 PM. earlier the time was 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Reduced number of tie-breaking factors- In case two candidates have got the same marks then the exam conducting body will consider only 4 factors for the tie-breaking situation. It will be, more correct answers, less wrong answers, higher aggregate marks in percentage and the age of the candidate.
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for postgraduation is the important entrance Exam to get admission on 19,953 Doctor of Medicine (MD) seats, 10,821 Master of Surgery (MS) seats, and 1,979 PG Diploma seats offered by more than 6000+ colleges in India.
Read more: NEET PG 2021 Registration Start