CAT EXAM 2021 Results Out; Check IIM Ahmedabad website
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad has officially released the scorecards for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021 on January 3rd, 2022. Candidates who gave the exam on November 28th, 2021 can check their results officially on the website https://iimcat.ac.in/
A total of 2.30 Lakh candidates registered for this exam out of which, almost 85% of the registered candidates appeared for the CAT Exam 2021. The scorecards that have been released will include the requisite details like candidate name, roll number, and the scores (total, section-wise, and percentile), among the other information that’ll be mentioned here.
Important Details to Take Away from this Announcement
- A total of 9 candidates got a 100 percentile (7 from Engineering Background and 2 from Non-Engineering)
- 19 candidates each got percentiles of 99.99 (16 + 3) and 99.98 (15 + 4) percentiles,respectively
- From the total number candidates, 65% were males, 35% were females and 2 candidates identified as Transgender.
- 88 non-IIM institutions (details available on CAT Website) will also use CAT 2021 scores this year for admission into their management programmes.
The majority of the passing candidates were Male, with a clean sweep in the 100 and 99.99 percentiles. Only 1 Female made it to the list of candidates getting 99.98 percentile; the categories above this were all-male. Most of the passers belonged to the Engineering background, with: -
- 7 out of the 9 getting 100 percentile
- 16 out of the 19 getting 99.99 percentile
- 15 out of the 19 getting 99.98 percentile
Regarding the Controversial question in the CAT Exam 2021: -
- The revision of one QA question is from Shift 3 with the Question ID 48916813385 (nonnegative marking type)
- The QA working group considered the responses and agreed that there could be two possible answers: 92 and 460.
- Both the answers were awarded marks.
About the CAT Exam
The CAT Exam is one of India’s most prestigious management exams that is held every year by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) for final year students, graduates, and those with ICWA/CA/CS degrees.
- It was a 120 minute (2-Hour) exam, with 3 sections having 40 minutes each dedicated to them.
- For the PwD candidates, the total time was 160 minutes (2 Hours 40 Minutes), with each section being given 53 minutes 20 Seconds.
- Section I consisted of Verbal Ability, Section II of Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning and Section III of Quantitative Ability.
Now that the results have been announced, all the other institutes including the IIMs will release the cutoffs as well as the successive admission processes based on things other than the CAT scores.
We shall keep updating you with all the latest developments happening in this field as well as anything else in the educational sector. Keep following us on https://www.getadmissioninfo.com/