EMPI Business School (New Delhi)
The EMPI Business School is located in New Delhi and is one of the top B-schools in India for various management courses like PGDM and PGP.
Partnering with industry experts like IBM, students will get an up-to-date curriculum and pedagogy that will help them adjust to the ever-changing industry trends. Not only will the students be exposed to the combined expertise of the EMPI Faculty and IBM Professionals, but they will also get an IBM certificate at the end of the course.
This institution is one that combines top-quality education with top-of-the-line teaching and training for a secure career in management.
Highlights of EMPI Business School
Entrepreneurship and Management Process International Business School
Chhattarpur, New Delhi
- Curriculum and Pedagogy developed in partnership with IBM.
- Certification by IBM at the end of the course
- Industry Ready and career-oriented training
- Partnerships with institutions from countries like the United States, Poland, The Philippines, France, Japan, Norway, Italy, Finland, Canada, Nigeria, The United Kingdom, The Netherlands, South Korea, Iran, Bangladesh, and China among others.
- Safe and hygienic hostel and mess facilities, as well as, university canteens
- Campus with 24*7 security with a properly fenced boundary
- Top Quality Placements with 10+ globally reputed companies
- Networking opportunities with nationally and internationally renowned business and research organizations, and industry professionals
- Fostering a culture for idea generation and making innovation work
- Overall top-notch infrastructure and related services, which are conducive for teaching, research, and industrial applications.
EMPI Business School Courses 2023
PGDM (Advertising Communication)
Primarily, the purpose of this course is to enhance not just to make the individuals efficient management professionals but also hone their creative competencies. This includes skills in software like TAM, digital and social media (marketing, advertising, and communications), planning, and production.
The things that you will learn from this program have been mentioned below: -
- The EMPI Business School offers value-added software that improves the quality and interactivity between teachers and students.
- This includes regular lectures mixed with Audio-Video lectures.
- Along with the core concepts, adequate attention is also given to the current trends and emerging markets.
- Focus is very much on the Advertising and Creative aspects of Brand Building
- Students will learn all the aspects of the above through training in concepts like content development, web technologies, as well as design and development.
The aim is to create professionals who not just have the requisite conceptual knowledge but also a positive and approachable attitude and conversational skills.
PGDM (General Management)
The purpose of this program is to skill the students in such a way that they don;t just nail the basics of accounting, finance, and related disciplines but also have the ability to constantly update themselves on current developments in this field.
The focus is to imbue practical knowledge of the financial markets as well as develop a global perspective. In this pursuit, the 3 main skills that are the focus of this program are -
- Technical Skills = For interpreting and evaluating financial statements efficiently
- Transferable Skills = For effectively communicating complex information orally and in writing as well as numerical skills and fluency.
- Decision-Making Skills = To make effective business and investment decisions.
Through the above skills, students are trained to gain vital accounting and financial management skills and competencies. They’re made to carry out individual investigations in these fields and develop abilities like critical analysis of financial data, financial irregularities, and follow financial ethics.
Students are also trained to have a global worldview!
PGDM (Global Business)
Through this AICTE and AIU-approved and accredited program, students will develop all the requisite knowledge on aspects like international trade practices, marketing strategies, and globally applied business skills (eg. cross-cultural management, foreign languages training, etc)
In doing so, the aim is to help the students develop skills like teamwork, sound decision making, and skills that are adjusted to the rapidly burgeoning and global sector.
The various highlights of this program include -
- IBM Certification to students at the end of course
- Joint Classes by EMPI Faculty and IBM professionals. The latter also provides mentorship services to students as well as projects that make the students tackle real-world challenges
- In fact, the curriculum is developed jointly by the EMPI and IBM
- IBM has set up a “Social Business Lab” on the campus
In all, choosing this management course exposes the students to top-notch practices, case studies, hands-on lab courses, and real-world equivalent experience.
PGDM (Human Resources)
This is one of the best courses that this university has to offer as it was developed and conceived under the leadership of the late Dr. Udai Pareek (father of the HR movement) in India.
This 2-year program mainly includes skilling the students in the following: -
- Applied Psychology
- Behavioural Sciences
- The amalgamation of Psychology and Management
- Experiential, Experimental, And Practical Learning
This is a highly interactive and innovative course that focuses on strengthening the concepts of the individuals as well as helping them develop practical insights to meet industry challenges.
PGDM (Research and Business Analytics) and PGP
Approved and accredited by the AICTE and AIU, this program has been jointly developed by the EMPI faculty and IBM Professionals. The said curriculum trains students in the various skills that shall be useful in fields like Education, Baking, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, and IT among others.
As part of this program, the various services they are guaranteed include -
- Printed Course Material, online course, and study materials by IBM.
- Mentorship services and projects that expose students to real-life-like challenges.
- IBM Business Analytics Lab in the EMPI Business School campus.
- Opportunity to visit and learn from IBM Centres for industry experience.
- Students are guaranteed a Certificate from IBM at the completion of the course.
As part of this course, students get the latest and updated software content, as well as hands-on lab courses, case studies, and real-world industry experiences for the participants.
The EMPI Business School is the first-ever institute in all of India to offer such a program i.e. an A.I-infused PGDM Program, which it has developed in collaboration with IBM. Along with the technical concepts, the focus is also to understand the various applications of AI in the modern business environment.
As part of this, students get to study a course jointly developed by IBM and EMPI as well as work on practical applications and projects for hands-on exposure. There’s also the option of Dual Specialization.
The various disciplines that are covered under this program include -
- General Marketing and Finance
- Human Resources
- Global Business
- Research and Business Analytics
Students are eligible for placements in renowned companies like Nikon, MakeMyTrip, Deloitte, Godrej, Dabur, Accenture, Amul, ITC, and many more.
Through this, students develop abilities to solve real-life problems in the business world, which will make the students industry-ready.
EMPI Business School Fees 2023-24
Annual Academic/Tuition Charges
Administrative and other support charges
Admission and Registration Charges
Refundable / Adjustable Deposit
In case candidates opt for Residential (Lodging and Boarding) Facilities, they’re required to pay an extra INR 2,30,000
(charges extra for AC Accommodations)
- Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any particular discipline that’s considered valid for post-graduate studies.
- Bachelor’s degree needs to be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities/AICTE
- Candidates need to score at least 50% marks during under-graduation.
- Candidates in their final year of Bachelor’s at the time of admission are also eligible. All they need to do is to submit proof of graduation before October 30th of the joining year.
- Candidates need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized board and university.
- Students currently in their final graduate year are also eligible.
- Diploma holders (of any discipline) can also apply
- It’s mandatory for candidates to have minimum computer literacy.
EMPI Business School Admission Process 2023
All that you are required to know in order to nail the admission process in the EMPI Business School has been mentioned below: -
- The scores of candidates in management entrance exams like the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT are considered as a pre-qualifier for admission.
- Candidates then need to fill in some general details in the application form. It’s mandatory to attach self-attested copies of mark sheets of 10+2 and Graduation as well as other certificates. Any form of “Incomplete application” will not be processed.
- This will then be followed by a “Group Discussion Round”, followed by a “Personal Interview Round”
- The candidates/applicants shall also be subjected to the internationally-validated Psychometric Profile Testing of the university.
- Once all the above processes are done, candidates are required to pay the application fees through credit/debit card or Net banking.
Any form of misrepresentation or misinformation or incomplete information shall lead to the cancellation of the application. The right of Final Decision is reserved with the EMPI, based on the policy criteria with regards to the overall assessment of the candidates.
- Marksheets and Certificates for Class X and XII
- Graduation Marksheet and Certificate
- Scorecard of one of the previously mentioned management entrance exams
- Diploma (if required)
- ID Proof (Aadhaar/PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
EMPI Business School Cut-Off
Currently, as per the official website of the EMPI Business School, the minimum percentile required to be eligible is 50 Percentile. The various management entrance exams out of which students need to give at least one include -
Students need not give all of them; one is enough.
EMPI Business School Ranking and Reputation
Over the years, the EMPI Business School has cemented its position as one of the top B-schools in India for management courses in India.
- It has consistently ranked among the top 5 MBA colleges in the North Zone
- According to the latest trends, this university has been ranked among the Top 10 Best Business Management Schools in India by organizations like Outlook, careers360, Zee Business Surveys, etc.
- Awarded as Business School of the Year for Pragmatic Curriculum & Enhancing Employability (2019) by the Academic Insight
Students have a chance to get placed in one of the top recruiters who have come to the EMPI Business School before.
- 99 Acres
- HDFC Bank
- HSBC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Bank of America
- Indian Oil
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Axis Bank
- American Express, and many others.
The most common procedures that are followed during placements include the following steps (though it might vary from company to company)
- Pre-placement talks
- Interested students participation.
- Candidate shortlisting by company representatives
- Results mostly on the spot (at most, within 24 hours)
The EMPI Business School ensures that the students enrolling here get a warm and enriching environment where they can grow their skills while finding enough time to relax and rejuvenate.
- Quality of Classrooms: EMPI has some extremely well-ventilated and spacious classrooms that are equipped with AV systems like LCD projectors and audio systems, Laptops, and a stable power supply to back it all.
- Vast Library: Operating from 09:15 AM to 11 PM (extensions possible), this is a vast and digitized, and high-tech library. Hostellers are delivered a personal copy of important business newspapers in their hostel rooms to encourage reading habits and keep them updated with current happenings.
- Multimedia Lab: The MacLab i.e. the EMPI’s Apple Mac Multimedia Lab (MacLab) is a “first of its kind” set up in an institution in India. The purpose this serves is skilling students in content creation, eLearning, computer graphics, digital and audio production, and open-source application development skills, among others.
- Chilling Spots: The EMPI Mess (Executive Dining Hall) is one of the most accessible chilling spots and a suitable substitute for homemade food. Over 200 students can be accommodated at one particular time. The menu comprises Chinese, South Indian, North Indian, Continental, and special dishes during festivals.
- In addition to this, there’s also the open-air amphitheater where students can attend major festivals, functions, and other events at EMPI. It can hold almost 600 people. Thanks to the free Wi-Fi available, students can chill as well as brainstorm here during the evenings.
- Hostel Facilities: More than 700 students from various countries live in the university hostel (separate for boys and girls), with attached bathrooms and geysers. Both the hostels have fast and secure Wi-Fi enabled and separate Common Rooms, with cable TV and indoor games.
- The hostels also boast 24×7 power and water supply facilities, thanks to 390 KVM electric generators in use.
- Other Notable Facilities: The EMPI Business School also has a Centre of excellence for A.I. that is powered by the IBM AIC-EMPI AI Lab. It has state-of-the-art hardware and software, cloud infrastructures, and Live data from the IBM Weather Channel.
The campus is located in a pollution-free area in South Delhi surrounded by the greenery of the Delhi Wildlife sanctuary, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Campus, Qutab Minar, and the Chattarpur Temple. All these locations are hardly in a 5 KM radius.
“The teachers are approachable and available at all times, the classes are decently stacked, and the overall experience of studying here has been great!”
Chandrashekhar Singh Sengar
“What I admire about the EMPI Business School is that its curriculum gives adequate attention on technical skills, industry experience, and other skills like teamwork, leadership, etc and this is why I recommend EMPI”
“The few years that you spend here are guaranteed to be the best. To be among like-minded people, in luxurious messes, with a good variety of food, it’s all here. Not to forget, the teachers here are exceptional”
“I was especially impressed by the quality of infrastructure here! We studied AV lectures and did our assignments on laptops; we even had a chance to work n the MacLab, which is powered by Apple. My knowledge, technical skills, and personality all were developed here”