I-Business Institute (IBI, Greater Noida)
One of the premier PGDM institutes in the country is the I Business Institute of Greater Noida. Along with offering a number of specializations in various fields of management like Marketing, HR, Finance, etc, this institute also aims to groom individuals into morally, professionally, and ethically good individuals.
This institute keeps updating its curriculum as well as pedagogy and other facilities to ensure that it can keep up the pace with the ever-changing industry. In addition to this, students are guaranteed quality placement assistance and development programs.
Coupled with professional guidance from experts from industries, academia, and policymakers, the I Business Institute becomes your go-to destination for management courses.
Highlights of I-Business Institute
I Business Institute
35, Maula Ali Road, Knowledge Park II, Greater Noida, UP – 201310
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
I-Business Institute Advantages
- Accreditations: Accredited by the AICTE, NHRD, National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Association of Universities of Asia and Pacific (AUAP), Center of EducationGrowth and Research (CEGR), MHRD, and others. ISO 9001:2015 certified institution that is 5-star rated.
- Scholarships: Attractive scholarship options for students scoring well in management entrance exams like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT, up to INR 50,000.
- Top Notch Infrastructure: Air-conditioned classrooms and library, Wi-fi enabled campus, auditorium fitted with latest AV, and a library with databases from Delnet, EBSCO, CMIE Economic Outlook, and Prowess
- Innovative Study: Students are exposed to different forms of learning apart from regular in-class lectures. These include live projects, business simulations, industry visits, corporate internships, international study tours, dual specialization, incubation centers for entrepreneurship training, and a lot more.
- World-class Faculty: The faculty at I Business Institute are decorated individuals with degrees from IIM Ahmedabad, University of Hyderabad, Symbiosis, IFRA (Canada), DU, Allahabad University, and Great Lakes University, among others.
- Decent Hostel Facilities: Spacious and hygienic hostels (separate for boys and girls) with power backup, high-speed internet, round-the-clock security, and first-aid availability. There’s also an AC Lounge, Recreational Centre, in-house cafeteria, Games Room, and Cable TV.
Details of Courses
The course that is offered here is the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), which is a full-time 2-year course that follows a trimester system. One of the major reasons this course is so sought-after is due to the impeccable attention paid to quality.
To start off, the course and curriculum are designed according to industry standards and requirements, as well as, taught by the faculty from the Top B-Schools. Practical training and learning are given the same attention as the theoretical aspects. In this effort, students are made to develop the necessary set of skills as well as domestic and international exposure.
The various disciplines that are covered as part of this course include: -
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Techniques
- Business Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- IT Management
- Management Information Systems
- Managerial Economics
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- Project Finance
- HR Management
- Business Analytics
- Business Research Methods and SPSS
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Strategy
- International Business Environment
Students also get to choose from among a huge number of electives as well as have to give a dissertation at the last term.
This is one of the most common specializations sought by students undertaking management courses. As part of this, students are trained in the following disciplines:
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Retail Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Marketing of Services
- Data Analytics for Marketing Management
After nailing the above, students have the opportunity to work in places like advertising companies, digital marketing companies, sales teams, corporate company’s marketing departments.
This specialization is for those who have a penchant for numbers!
The banking and finance industries need such individuals, and that’s why the students opting for this specialization are trained in the following disciplines.
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Corporate Restructuring Mergers Acquisition
- Advanced Equity Research
- FOREX Management
- Banking Management and Services
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Wealth Management
- Data Analytics for Finance
Specialization in the above opens the doors for high-paying job opportunities as Financial Experts, CFOs, Investment Bankers, etc.
A rather common and traditional approach that many management students take is getting a specialization in managing resources in organizations i.e. HR Management.
If you have great people skills and the ability to overlook and hone potential resources for the benefit of the company, this specialization is for you. The various disciplines covered under this include:
- Organisation Development Change
- Performance Management System
- Compensation Reward Management
- Conflict Management Negotiation Skills
- Training Development
- Industrial Relations and Labour Laws
- International HRM
- HR Planning Staffing
- Industrial Psychology
- Leadership Managerial Excellence
- Competency Mapping Assessment
- Data Analytics for HR Matrices
This specialization is for those who, along with being good management professionals also, have a penchant for traveling. As part of this specialization, candidates can hone themselves in the following skills.
- Cross-Cultural Management
- International Business Law
- International Business Negotiation
- International Financial Management
- WTO & Regional Training Blocks
- Global Sourcing & Business Development
- International Marketing
- International HRM
- Export-Import Documentation
- Management of Multinational Corporation
In simple words, students are made aware of globally accepted business norms and practices, as well as, concepts like import and export, global level business management operations, and much more.
Perhaps one of the most apt specializations, keeping in mind the omnipresence of IT and related infrastructure. To ensure a secure career in this field, students are trained to develop advanced skills in the following disciplines:
- Database Management System
- Knowledge Management
- Business Intelligence
- Web Technology
- Data Mining
- Data Warehousing
- Management Software Development
- Cloud Computing
After this, students will be able to understand the theoretical and practical applications of various concepts, tools, and related frameworks. The IBI also encourages simulation-based learning.
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Through the disciplines that have been mentioned below, students are basically trained to become players who are vital in improving the productivity of the company. Students learn to lead, plan, manage, and strategize, as well as, execute major projects.
- Total Quality Management
- Project Management
- Maintenance Management
- Quantitative Model for Logistics & Transportation Management
- Advanced Operations Research
- Services Operations Management
- Materials Management
- Management Information System
- Supply chain Management
Once they complete this specialization, students will be more adept in planning, cost-cutting, and profit maximization strategies.
Through the disciplines that have been mentioned below, students are trained to basically do a “Quantitative Analysis of a Business”. This includes understanding customer behavior, mechanics, as well as, understanding the science behind it all through R&D.
- Introduction to Business Econometrics
- Business Analytics
- Web & Text Analytics
- Data Mining
- Predictive Analytics & SPSS
- Multivariate Analysis
- Big Data Analysis
- Data Visualization using Tableau
To be paid within 15 days of registration
Latest before 10th October 2022
Latest before 30th June 2022
Latest before 30th October 2022
- At least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Classes Xth and XIIth.
- A 3-year Bachelor's Degree, with minimum marks of 50% or equivalent CGPA (in any discipline)
- Degree needs to be from a recognized University (recognized by the Central or State legislature in India) or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament and declared “deemed-to-be” University under the UGC Act (section 3), 1956,
- In case the above is not possible, candidates need to possess an equivalent qualification that is recognized by the HRD Ministry, which is at least 3 years long of education after completing their 10+2 (or equivalent).
- Candidates in the final year of Bachelor's (or equivalent) are also applicable. However, they need to submit their mark sheet by 1st October 2023 or the AICTE deadline. Otherwise, their candidature shall not be accepted and they may be asked to withdraw from the program.
The IBI also reserves the right to set a minimum cut-off score in respect of the entrance exams carried out here.
- Candidates who are shortlisted would have to appear for IBI Written Test
- This is followed by a Panel Interview and a Dean's Interview.
- After all this, the Final Selection of the candidate is based on a combined score that includes the candidates’ Academic Score, Management Entrance Exams like CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT, Written Test, Work Experience, and Scores of the Panel and Dean's Interviews.
Students would not be reimbursed travel, boarding, and lodging costs that are undertaken while appearing for admission tests or personal interviews.
Application Forms are present at the institute as well as online at a price of INR 1,100 (payable by DD in favor of I Business Institute). Applicants can also make this online payment through Net Banking, Credit, or Debit Cards.
The admission of the candidates trying to enroll here is based on a variety of factors than just academic qualifications in their 10+2, and work experience.
Apart from the above and the various management entrance exams like CAT/MAT/XAT, the candidates are also tested on their communication and analytical abilities through the IBI Written Test.
Then there is the Panel and Dean’s Interview as mentioned above. Mentioned below is the breakdown of what all is considered while scrutinizing candidate applications.
IBI Written Test
Class 10th Result
Class 12th Result
OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS:
- Applicants need to compulsorily attach their mark sheets for Classes 10th and 12th, as well as, graduation and scorecards for the CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT with their online application.
- In case an application has been made online, candidates are required to bring a physical copy of the completed form and original documents (with photocopies)
- Foreign candidates can give their interviews through Skype. Their documents would be verified on the date they join the program.
- Marksheets and Certificates for Class X and XII
- Graduation Marksheet and Certificate
- Scorecard of any of the management entrance exams mentioned before
- ID Proof (Aadhaar/PAN Card/Voter ID/Driving License)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
I-Business Institute Ranking and Reputation
The I-Business Institute is approved and accredited by the AICTE, NHRD, MHRD, Association of Universities of Asia and Pacific, the National Institute of Personnel Management, and the Center of Education Growth and Research, among others bodies.
Among the various accolades that it has won over the years, the most decorated ones include
- Most Prominent Institute of Management Studies in India 2023 by the Knowledge Hub
- Asia’s Best Business Institute by the Global Excellence Lifestyle
- National Education Excellence Award
- Best Placement Services by the ENT Network and AD Focus Media
- Most Preferred B-School of the Year by the India Excellence Award
The International Business Institute (IBI) has one of the most organized and quality placement services in all of India. Each student gets multiple placement opportunities, right from the “pre-placement offer” stage.
In fact, the minimum placement package assured here is around INR 4.5 LPA with a Written “Placement Opportunity Assurance (POA)”. In fact, the average placement packages range between INR 6-8 LPA.
The top companies that regularly visit this university include
- American Express
- JBM Group
- Adani Wilmar
- IndusInd Bank
- DS Group
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- One Plus
- Khimji Ramdas (KR)
- Siaci Saint Honore
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
- ICICI Bank
After being informed by the Placement Cell, Interested students can send their preferences through mail or signed application (within a specified time limit). It’s this Placement Cell that coordinates with recruiters and decided a date and time.
This is followed by pre-placement talks, interviews, and eventual selection.
To ensure students are confident and interview-ready, students are groomed through GDs, Mock Interviews, Placement Development Programs, Current Affaires Discussions, Soft Skill Developments, and much more.
The campus of the I Business Institute (Greater Noida) is one of the very few universities out there that boasts world-class infrastructural facilities, that too inside a Lush Green Campus.
Students of this university can indulge themselves in a number of various sports, thanks to the state-of-the-art facilities. The said sports include ones like Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Pool, Carrom, Chess, Cricket, Soccer, etc.
There is also the option to be part of the various clubs of the I Business Institute. Here, students gain the necessary practical experience and skills like leadership and teamwork. More than that, students learn about themselves; their goals, strengths, and weaknesses. The various clubs students can be part of in the I Business Institute include -
- Marketing Club
- Finance Club
- Entrepreneurship Club
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Club
- Social Media Club
Students indulge in club meetings, mock sessions and drills, presentations, analysis, networking, and other such related activities to become efficient market management professionals.
Other such activities that students can indulge in include:
- College Fest
- Annual Day
- Freshers Party
- “Know Your Capital” Delhi Tour
- Festival Celebrations like Navami, Ganpati, Holi, Christmas, etc
- Adventure Tours to places like Manali.
Q2. Are scholarships available for students who haven’t scored well in the management entrance exams?
“I went in thinking that I’ll have to learn to adjust to a heavy academic schedule. However, not only was I exposed to some great fun classes, but I also attended industry visits and international study tours, carried on live projects, learned through business simulations, among a whole lot more.”
“Not only could I opt for Digital Marketing certificate courses but the I Business Institute also has a dedicated ‘Social Media Club’ that I could be fortunately part of. I must say, I had the best learning experience here.”
“I landed an INR 20 LPA package with Amazon. To my own surprise, I performed exceptionally well in the placement interviews, which I owe to the thorough training given by this university.”
“Thanks to the I Business Institute’s scholar options, I got INR 50,000 off in my fees due to my CAT score. This provision really helped me realize my dreams and I’m thankful for that”