Madras Veterinary College, Chennai
https://getadmissioninfo.com/
×
  • ENGINEERING
  • MANAGEMENT
  • MEDICAL
  • EXAMS
  • NEWS BLOG CONTACT US

    Madras Veterinary College, Chennai


    Currently ranked among the top veterinary colleges in India, Madras Veterinary College (MVC) is an affiliate of Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS). In the relevant field, the college offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes. MVC Chennai accepts applicants on the basis of both entrance and merit. The college offers deserving students a variety of scholarships as well.

    Madras Veterinary College Highlights

    Established | Institute Type

    1903 | Private

    Affiliation

    TANUVAS

    Approved by

    Veterinary Council of India (VIC)

    Courses offered

    UG, PG, and Doctoral

    Selection criteria

    Merit and Entrance-based

    Accepted Exam Score

    ICAR, and University CET

    Popular Courses

    MBA

    Application Mode

    Online

    Facilities Available

    Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports

    Official Website

    http://www.tanuvas.ac.in/academics_mvsc.html

    Address

    Vepery High Road, Periamet, Vepery, Choolai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600007

    Madras Veterinary College Courses 

    Through its UG, PG, PhD, and diploma programmes, MVC provides a total of fifteen regular courses in the areas of Veterinary Science, Technology, and Management. A summary of Madras Veterinary College's main courses is provided in the table below:

    Course

    Details

    MBA (Food and Livestock Business Management)

    • Duration: 2 Years
    • Eligibility: Graduate in any discipline

    Madras Veterinary College Admission

    Madras Veterinary College was one of the first institutions in the nation to offer veterinary medicine courses when it was founded in 1903. It is situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and is associated with the Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS).

    The college offers PG Diploma courses in Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosis and Companion Animal Practice, MVSc courses in 22 disciplines, an M.Sc. course in Biotechnology, and a BVSc in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. Furthermore, Madras Veterinary College provides doctoral (Ph.D.) programmes in 20 fields of veterinary and animal sciences as well as biotechnology.

    • Admission to MVC's undergraduate and graduate degree programmes is determined by merit and in accordance with TANUVAS and the Tamil Nadu government's regulations.
    • Applicants for the BVSc and AH programme must have completed a vocational course in Agricultural Practices/Dairy/Poultry or have completed 10+2 or higher secondary education from an accredited board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Botany/Zoology as required subjects.
    • Applicants must finish graduation degree courses in the relevant subject in order to be considered for admission to the MVSc and M.Sc. programmes.
    • Candidates for MVSc programmes must hold a BVSc, BVSc, or AH degree from TANUVAS or any other college approved by the Veterinary Council of India, with a minimum of 55% of the possible points.
    • Applicants for PG Diplomas must earn 50% of their undergraduate degrees in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry from TANVUS or any other accredited university.
    • The selection of candidates for undergraduate programmes is based on their academic merit, or their 10+2 exam scores.
    • Through TANUVAS counselling, candidates are narrowed down based on their academic standing and entrance exam results.
    • 25% of seats are available for applicants from across India who apply through the ICAR entrance exam for PG and Ph.D. programmes, with the remaining 75% of candidates being admitted through the Tamil Nadu state quota.
    • You can get admission forms from the university website.
    • As of December 31, the applicant must be at least 17 years old.
    Admission Highlight of Madras Veterinary College

    Name of the college

    Madras Veterinary College

    University Type

    State Govt Aided

    Basic Admission Criteria

    Merit-based, Entrance-based for PG

    Last Date to Apply

    Last week of May for UG, Last week of July for PG

    Application Mode

    Online

    Name of Entrance

    University CET, ICAR

    Entrance Mode

    Offline

    Counselling

    State

    Scholarship

    Yes

    Candidates' scores out of a total of 175 marks—100 for the qualifying exam and 75 for the CET—are taken into consideration for PG Diploma programmes. The university calls the shortlisted candidates for counselling after publishing this list on the website. Students are assigned colleges and disciplines during the counselling process. 25% of the seats are set aside for applicants from across India who apply through the ICAR exam, with the remaining 75% of seats being filled by Tamil Nadu students under the state quota. At the time of admission, students from Tamil Nadu who have not attended schools covered by TANUVAS are required to present a copy of their birth certificate.

    Course Name

    Specialization

    Minimum Eligibility

    Selection Criteria

    MBA

    -

    Passed in MBA (Food and Livestock Business Management) with 55% marks or 2.75/4.0 OGPA or 6.5/10.0 CGPA

    Marks obtained in qualifying exam and Common Entrance Test scores

    Madras Veterinary College Application Process

    Applicants should go to the university's official website to submit an online admissions application. Download the completed application, print it out, and mail it in with the necessary paperwork.

    • Go to TANUVAS's official website and submit the online application by the deadline.
    • Download the completed application, fill it out, and mail it to the college in hard copy along with the necessary paperwork.
    • Apply using a credit/debit card, net banking, or IMPS to pay the application fees. Other payment methods won't be accepted.
    • Fill out the form and send it to:
      • The Chariman, Admission Committee (UG), TANUVAS, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai – 600051
    • A candidate who wishes to apply for more than one course must keep separate application forms in different folders labelled with the name of the degree programme and combine them into one large, sealed cover that has been unfolded.

    Documents to enclose along with the application form:

    1. Attested photocopy of mark sheet of HSC/CBSE/Equivalent examination
    2.  Attested photocopy of Transfer Certificate
    3. Attested photocopy of Permanent Community Certificate (if applicable)
    4. Attested photocopy of relevant certificate as given in Annexure I to VI of the Prospectus (if applicable)
    5. Signature of the candidate and parents/guardian

    Madras Veterinary College Hostel 

    The college offers its students housing in dorms. Situated in close proximity to the college, the nine-block student residence can house up to 750 students. It features separate mess areas and hostels for men and women. For the benefit of the worried students, amenities like a reading room, indoor stadium, solar water heater, and RO water are available.

    FAQ's

    Apply For UPES
    -->