NEET MDS 2022 in March; Details of Application and Changes
Amidst the fiasco surrounding the admissions and counselling for the NEET Exam (UG and PG), the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS) has come out with the notification and application form for the Master of Dental Surgery (NEET MDS) exam.
The process for the same has started from January 4th, 2022 (3 PM onwards) and shall continue till January 24th, 2022. Candidates can register and fill the application form on the official website https://nbe.edu.in/
The last date for submitting the application form is January 24, 2022 (till 11:55 PM). Candidates will, however, be allowed to edit their particulars till January 28-31, 2022.
The window for correcting the images will be open between February 12-15, 2022.
Important Things to Know Regarding the NEET MDS Exam?
According to the Dentists Act (1948), the NEET MDS Exam is an eligibility cum ranking entrance examination that candidates need to appear for to get a seat in the PG Dental Courses in government and private medical colleges, except AIIMS.
This is a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) exam that students give in the Computer-based (CBT) format, in the English language. Candidates will be given 3 hours to answer 240 questions.
While correct answers will reward the students with 4 marks, incorrect answers attract a 25% negative marking (-1 mark) and unattempted questions will see no deductions.
In total, there are 3 major changes that have been introduced for the NEET MDS Exam 2022, as mentioned in the newly-released information brochure by the NBE.
- 1- The exam will now be held from 9 AM - 12 PM instead of the hitherto 2 PM - 5 PM
- 2- Registration Fees for the general, OBC, and EWS have been reduced from Rs. 4,425 to Rs. 4,250. However, the fees for SC, ST, and PwD have been increased from Rs. 3,245 to Rs. 3,250.
- 3- 2 New Test Cities have been added in the form of Bhilai and Raipur while the cities Sikar and Rajkot have been removed.
How to Apply
After logging on to the official website i.e. https://nbe.edu.in/, candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below: -
- A- Fill in the registration form and get your “User ID” and “Password”, which shall be sent through e-mail/SMS
- Fill in the “Application Form” that requires the candidate to upload the recent coloured photograph, signature, and thumb impression.
- B- Choose the test city according to preference
- C- Pay the Fees (Rs. 4,250 for General, OBC, and EWS; Rs. 3,250 for SC, ST, and PwD)
- D- This will complete the application process. Candidates are advised to then take a printout of the Application Form with the “Transaction ID” that’s printed on it.
Finally, it’s important to remember that candidates submitting more than 1 application will outright be rejected.
For more information and updates on the various medical, management, and engineering exams throughout the country, keep following us on https://www.getadmissioninfo.com/