GMERS Medical College & Hospital Himmatnagar
GMERS Medical College and Hospital is located in the city of Himmatnagar, Gujarat. The Medical College's first batch began in August 2014. The Medical Council of India has approved the Medical College (MCI).
The Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) programme at GMERS Medical College and Hospital lasts 5 years and 6 months, including a six-month internship.
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to the GMERS MBBS programme is 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks. The National Eligibility and Entrance Test is used to select candidates (NEET).
GMERS Medical College and Hospital Highlights:
Established / Institution Type
Total Number of Seats Offered
Merit-Based through NEET
Library, Hostel, Hospital
GMERS Medical College and Hospital Himmatnagar Course Details:
GMERS Medical College provides a full-time MBBS programme lasting 5 years and 6 months. The following table contains detailed information about the course, eligibility criteria, and the syllabus for the course:
MBBS(Bachelors in Medicine and Bachelors in Surgery)
5 Years and 6 months
Passed in 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from a recognized board. Minimum age of 17 years
GMERS Medical College and Hospital Admission Process:
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognised board will be eligible for admission to the GMERS Medical College and Hospital MBBS programme. The selection is based on the candidate's merit rank as determined by NEET.
- Candidates must take the NEET examination.
- Candidates must attend counselling after passing the NEET exam.
- Candidates from Gujarat can participate in state counselling and indicate their preference for GMERS Medical College.
- Candidates will be assigned admission seats based on their cut-off, merit rank, and category.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Himmatnagar's GMERS Medical College and Hospital.
- Candidates must register with an email address and a phone number.
- Log in with your user ID and carefully fill out the application form to avoid mistakes.
- Candidates must also upload the required documents and pay the application form fee.
- Candidates must print a copy of their completed application form for future reference.
- Class 10 Mark sheet
- Class 12 Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- NEET Score Card
- NEET Allotment Letter
GMERS Medical College and Hospital Placements:
- GMERS Medical College and Hospital provides a minimum internship period of 6 months, ensuring candidates receive full-time clinical practise training.
- Candidates receive extensive exposure and real-time patients for treatment, assisting students in gaining practical knowledge and experience.
- The internship period can be completed at the same institute or at other hospitals in the district, depending on availability. Students receive a monthly stipend of at least INR 10,000, which increases on a monthly basis.
GMERS Medical College and Hospital Facilities:
Some of the services provided by the GMERS Medical College and Hospital in Himmatnagar include:
Library: The GMERS Medical College and Hospital has a large library with a large number of books to assist students in completing their courses. Along with it, candidates are exposed to a plethora of additional books to read and learn from.
Hostels: The College has separate boys and girls hostels for accommodation, which are assigned based on the college's merit list.
Hospital: In case of an emergency, the college has a separate well-equipped hospital built near campus.
Cafeteria/Mess: The Medical College has a well-maintained cafeteria and mess facilities that provide good, nutritious food in a clean environment.